Dr. Medithi Ravi Kanth, IAS (KL:86) has joined as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD)
of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO) on 11th April, 2014.
Prior to this, he was CMD of Projects & Development India Limited (PDIL) on ‘absorption
basis’, and as an IAS officer of 1986 batch in Kerala cadre, Dr. M. Ravi Kanth was
Principal Secretary to Government of Kerala and Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power,
Government of India, New Delhi.
Dr. M. Ravi Kanth is M.A. (Economics) and Ph.D. (Agri-Exports) from Andhra University,
L.L.B from Delhi University and MBA (Finance) from Melbourne, Australia.
Dr. M. Ravi Kanth has served in various positions in Government of India viz. Dy.
Chief Executive, Nuclear Fuel Complex, Dept. of Atomic Energy, Hyderabad, Private
Secretary to MOS in Finance & Company Affairs, MOS (i/c) Labour & Urban Development,
Director, APEDA in Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Chairman & Managing Director,
National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation in Ministry of Social Justice
Dr. M. Ravi Kanth held several positions in the State Government of Kerala and also
Government of Delhi viz. District Collector & District Magistrate of Kannur (Cannanore),
Managing Director of Cashew Export Development Corporation, Kollam (Quilon), General
Manager, KSCSC and Director of Food & Supplies Department, Sub Collector & Sub Divisional
Magistrate, Tellicherry in Kerala and as Secretary, Delhi Minorities Commission,
Controller of Weights & Measures (Legal Metrology) and Food & Supplies in Government
Dr. M. Ravi Kanth widely travelled in India and abroad.
Dr. Ravi Kanth has vision and commitments of his own, which are as follows:
- Help the poor and the downtrodden, by preventing wastage of resources.
- Promote and practise Health, Happiness, Honesty, Harmony and Humanity.
- Uplift the Underprivileged, by advocating for Social Justice and Serenity.
- Reduce inequalities and obstacles for Growth and Development of the Nation.
- Inculcate egalitarianism, vegetarianism, cleanliness and commonsense.
- Strengthen human relations, family bonds and child, women & old-age care.
- Bridge the gaps between the Rural and Urban infrastructure & distribution.
- Provide qualitative inputs to children for quality output and bright India.
- ‘Live Light and Give Light’ by being close to the nature and down to earth.