Human Settlement Management Institute (HSMI)
Emerge as a centre of excellence in sustainable human settlement planning, development and management.
To make a significant contribution towards enhancing quality of life through action policy research and capacity building.
- Enhance professional capacities in order to promote awareness, orientation and skill in human settlement planning and management.
- Undertake evaluation studies, action ; policy research,documentation and dissemination.
- Act as a think tank and catalyst of change by providing advisory services to national, state and local level governments.
- Promote networking with various stakeholders at national and international level.
- Establish a state-of-the-art resource centre in core areas of excellence.
- Enhancing the competence of HUDCO functionaries to cater to emerging needs of its operations through research and capacity building.
The Human Settlement Management institute undertakes its activities through four centers. Each of these centers undertake research, training and consultancy activities in the following four areas:
- Centre for Sustainable Habitat (CSH)
- Centre for Affordable Housing (CAH)
- Centre for Urban Poverty, Slums Livelihoods (CUP)
- Centre for Project Development Management (CPD)